Has a unique smoky eggplant flavor. A wonderful addition to any party or
- 1 large eggplant
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4-5 tablespoons tahini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt
- 1/4 cup fin chopped fresh parsley
- Remove green leafy part around stem of the eggplant but do not remove the
- Place in a hot oven 450 degrees about 15 to 20 minutes or until soft. Allow
- to cool.
- Carefully remove the skin while holding the stem. Mash the pulp thoroughly
- with a fork or you may use a food processor. Gradually beat in the lemon
- juice alternately with the tahini. Crush the garlic with salt and mix into
- a paste. Blend the garlic/salt mixture into the eggplant mixture. Adjust
- salt to taste. Garnish with chopped parsley.