- Mixed Greens - 1 lb
- Chicken Breast - 1.5 lbs
- Bacon - 8 slices
- Tomato - 4
- Hard-boiled Eggs - 4
- Sliced Black Ollives - 5 oz can
- Chives - 2 tbsp
- Red Wine Vinegar - 1/4 cup
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 3/4 cup
- Dijon Mustard - 1 tbsp
- Kosher Salt - 1 tsp
- Cayenne Pepper - 1 tsp
- Black Pepper - 1 tbsp
- Avacado (optional) - 4
- If you are grilling the chicken light the charcoals/start the grill (if not you could also pan roast ). Finely chop the chives and place in a small container. Next dice the tomatoes and place in a different container. Open the can of black olives, drain, and put in another container.
- Salt and pepper both sides of the chicken breast and place on the grill. Line a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil, arrange bacon strips and sprinkle with black pepper. Set oven to 400 degrees and cook bacon for 18-20 minutes until crispy. Meanwhile begin heating a small sauce pan of water on high and once boiling add eggs and reduce to simmer (more specific help on boiling eggs here ).
- To a blender/food processor add extra virgin olive oil, red wine
- vinegar, Dijon mustard, cayenne papper and a pinch of salt+pepper. Blend on high until all ingredients are combined then pour into small jar.
- After chicken is finished grilling dice the meat into bite sized chunks. Next chop the boiled eggs and finely dice the crispy bacon strips.
- Combine chicken, bacon, eggs, tomatoes, black olives, chives, mixed greens, and the dressing in a bowl to serve immediately. If some servings will be saved for leftovers refrigerate in containers of the following: chicken+bacon, eggs, tomatoes+black olives, chives, mixed greens, and dressing in jar.
- Optional: Avocado should be diced and added to the salad but only immediately before serving.
-  http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VBdOXL1-nUI
-  http://www.monkeysee.com/play/16963-how-to-cut-chives
-  http://www.myrecipes.com/how-to/video/slicing-chopping-tomatoes-10000001847831/
-  http://video.about.com/homecooking/Boil-an-Egg-Perfectly.htm
-  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0fUd-B5-m0