- Eggs - 3-4 large
- Butter - 1-2 tbsp
- Fresh Tarragon (optional) - 1 tsp
- Cholula (optional) - 1-2 tsp
- Veggies (optional) - N/A
- Avocado (optional) - N/A
- First start with good quality eggs and butter, this will make all the difference in the nutrient content and taste.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over LOW heat (Gordan likes his sauce pan for this but cleanup is easiest with non-stick and most people have a non-stick frying pan).
- Add butter to the pan and melt.
- After butter is melted crack the eggs directly in the pan, this has the added bonus of one less bowl to cleanup.
- Using a silicone spatula mix the eggs and butter together until uniformly consistent.
- The key to this recipe is the following step: I wouldn't say you need to constantly stir the eggs but definitely keep them going at fairly consistent intervals after 10-20 seconds breaks. You want the end result to be creamy and I find this occurs soon after the point where they are solid yet slimy in appearance. In my opinion it is better to under cook rather than over cook. Remember the eggs will continue cooking from their own heat after being removed from the pan.
- When finished plate the eggs, add a pinch of salt and black pepper, and any additional ingredients that you fancy (see suggestions listed in the ingredients).