Sweet stew with apricots, almonds, and mint.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1lbs cubed lamb
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 3 cups chicken stock
- grated zest and juice 1 orange
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp honey
- 6 oz dried apricots
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 oz toasted flaked almonds
- 1 oz ground almonds
- Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole.
- Add the lamb and cook over a medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes until evenly browned, stirring often.
- Remove the lamb to a plate, using a slotted spoon.
- Stir the onion and garlic into the casserole and cook gently for 5 minutes until softened.
- Return the lamb to the pot.
- Add the stock, zest and juice, cinnamon, honey and salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat, cover and cook gently for 1 hour.
- Add the apricots and two-thirds of the mint and cook for 30 minutes until the lamb is tender.
- Stir in the ground almonds to thicken the sauce.
- Serve with the remaining mint and toasted almonds scattered over the top.